NTS is seeking an Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Officer at our Santa Clarita Test Facility. The test facility conducts environmental and other testing of industrial, defense and aerospace components. This is a fast paced, but exciting career opportunity where decisions will be recognized as authoritative and have an impact on services and related activities for the division.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Environmental, Safety & Health Officer is responsible for developing, supervising, coordinating and implementing the Environmental, Safety & Health programs and activities to ensure compliance with federal and state law and regulations in a manner consistent with program strategies, goals and values and for all regulatory reporting requirements. These responsibilities include but are not limited to following responsibilities:
- Serves as an expert technical resource for Environmental, Safety & Health issues and is the liaison and key point of contact with the test facility and corporate management.
- Develops, recommends, administers and supervises implementation of the comprehensive Environmental, Safety & Healthprogram. Including fire protection, traffic safety, hazardous materials and environmental hazard abatement, to ensure compliance with all corporate, federal and state laws and regulations and to reduce incidents of employee accidents, injuries and regulatory violations.
- Provides leadership to integrate the Environmental, Safety & Health programs processes and organizational performance standards while supporting productivity requirements.
- Advises management on occupational health and safety compliance issues and the development of strategies for compliance.
- Recommend new/change to policies and procedures to the General Manager and Corporate to improve productivity while maintaining compliance to ES&H requirements. Support corporate initiatives such as SEA certification, process improvement and lean enterprise as they relate to ES&H requirements.
- Supervises and conducts test facility, procedures and operations interim and compliance inspections, audits and investigations of safety and hazards, approves or issues notices of hazards and required abatements, including lock out-tag out notices; monitors and follows up to ensure correction of hazards.
- Conducts operational and test system hazard and system safety analyses.
- Will identify ES&H risk areas and implement and coordinate risk management functions.
- Evaluates employee accident and injury reports; responds to and conducts investigations of employee injury accidents; recommends general or individual remedial action and follows up to ensure action is taken; prepares required reports on employee accidents and accident trends.
- Monitors safety program compliance through review of accident reports, investigation of all injury and at-fault accidents; field visits and safety committee reports and suggestions.
- Analysis and identification of solution in real time and demanding environment.
- Identify project issues and develop resolutions as they relate to ES&H issues while maintaining productivity goals and customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership, technical direction, guidance and performance development for department personnel.
- Manage Environmental, Safety & Health conflicts with Department and Project Managers.
- Evaluates new ES&H recordkeeping technologies and processes and develops implementation strategies.
- Distribution of up-to-date Materials Safety Data Sheets and other hazards communications.
- Advises managers, supervisors and employees on Environmental, Safety & Health and required activities, actions and personal safe work practice behaviors.
- Oversees development, scheduling and execution of required Environmental, Safety & Healthtraining programs for managers, supervisors and employees.
- Coordinates and conducts meetings with departments and Safety Action Teams.
- Closely coordinate Environmental, Safety & Healthrequirements with test departments, managers, technical personnel, suppliers and sales personnel.
- Evaluate customers and purchase order SOW for Environmental, Safety & Health requirements.
- Analyzes internal and external effective practices.
- Will perform other duties as assigned
It is imperative that the candidate has a proven technical and management record in Environmental, Safety & Health compliance in the industrial, manufacturing or aerospace environments. Must be a self-starter, have the ability to consistently deliver performance with minimum supervision and maintain continuous communications with subordinates, peers and upper management personnel.
- Thorough knowledge of Environmental, Safety & Healthregulations and requirements typical to industrial and aerospace applications.
- A high degree of interpersonal skills to ensure the effectiveness of program wide employee Environmental, Safety & Healthcompliance efforts.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at a time.
- Ability Inspire, motivate and provide Environmental, Safety & Health leadership to organization.
- Ability to negotiate through conflicting demands for resources across departmental lines towards overall organizational success.
- Ability to evaluate tools and processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Strong ethics, common sense.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft applications.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BS Degree OR other formal training in a related discipline AND
- 10 years experience in Environmental, Safety & Health compliance OR a combination of education and ES&H experience.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations.