Parsons Brinckerhoff is looking for an Environmental Scientist who enjoys working under limited supervision to handle a variety of assignments related to permitting and a biological monitoring and mitigation program.
You will be the go to person for both client and sub-consultant staff for certain aspects of the project. You will work with the Project Manager to develop, assign and implement technical task orders; oversee their execution and budgets, and ensure compliance with permitting requirements.
Additional duties will include:
- Preparing regulatory permit applications and amendments
- Representing the biological monitoring and permitting team at weekly meetings with the client
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and materials for meetings with regulatory agencies and the client
- Supporting project schedulers and risk managers with the development of environmental permitting schedules and risk management documents, respectively
- Working directly with construction engineers and contractors to implement mitigation measures and biological monitoring
- Reviewing construction plans and contract change orders
- Scheduling and coordinating biological monitoring activities
- Participating in field site inspections
- Depending on interest and experience, assisting with monitoring activities such vegetation surveys, bird surveys and fisheries monitoring
- Reviewing technical documents and preparing compliance monitoring reports
- Preparing financial updates and progress reports for the client
- Assisting the Project Manager and Project Administrator with review of subconsultant invoices and preparing invoices for submittal to the client
- Maintaining a public website for disseminating reports and information to regulatory agencies and members of the public
- There may also be other opportunities such as preparation of biological surveys and studies in support of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents
- Minimum 5 years experience in biological field surveys and/or environmental compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related degree
- Basic understanding of project management. Experience in a project management role a plus.
- Experience working with Caltrans and/or other transportation agencies is desired
- Experience working directly with environmental regulatory agencies, such as NMFS, CDFW, USFWS, BCDC and ACOE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of NEPA/CEQA is desired, but not required
This is a long term project anticipated to run 4 plus years.
After converting the US, Parsons Brinckerhoff (PB) is spreading its gospel around the world. A leading transportation engineering firm, the...