Our Environmental Management group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, and Information Management. We help our clients to identify and respond to opportunities and threats within constantly changing regulatory and corporate environments, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and governmental regulators. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that may include endangered species assessments, habitat restoration, wetland characterizations, and water resources management. We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career.
- Conduct flora and fauna surveys for a variety of species
- Conduct wetland delineations
- Coordinate and manage environmental permitting, assessment and/or compliance work related to CWA, NPDES, USACE, USFWS, NEPA, and various state agency requirements as they pertain to a variety of project types including energy transmission and generation facilities, transportation, and private development projects
- Perform analysis, consulting, and provide recommendations for clients
- Participate in multi-disciplinary environmental assessments
- Proposal and report writing
- Data analysis
- Project management including budget control, scientific quality control, and client liaison
- Bachelors degree in a natural resources, ecology, soil science or related biological field
- Three or more years experience completing wetland delineations for various types of projects
- Demonstrated experience with federal, state, and/or local environmental permitting processes specfically related to endangered species, Clean Water Act, and/or NEPA
- Demonstrated oral and written communication and presentation skills; and analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to validate and accurately analyze information, and make sound decisions that have considerable business impact.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, management, and vendors to successfully meet shifting needs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks and safety appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs
- Demonstrated ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize and balance sometimes heavy workloads to achieve goals while keeping up with a highly mobile and changing environment.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work well with others, to keep other team members aware of project and client needs.
- Must have the ability to work in the field for long hours in all weather conditions.
Stantec - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...