Timmons Group has been the leader in innovative design consulting within Virginia and surrounding states since 1953. With more than 200 professionals located in offices throughout Virginia and North Carolina, we offer our clients decades of senior-level experience and solve their challenges in creative ways, providing them with innovative solutions at an incredible value. We have been an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm for more than 15 years and are committed to helping our clients achieve their vision. A values-based company with a clear mission to understand the unique needs of its clients, Timmons Group is dedicated to solving engineering and technology challenges because we know that helping our clients achieve their vision results in shared successes.
Timmons Group is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist for our Richmond, VA office.
The Environmental Scientist is responsible for the delivery of technically sound products that meet internal and external client expectations, on time and on/under budget. This individual makes significant field decisions on wetland assessments, delineations and related technical assessments with input by the Project Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a bachelors or masters degree in Environmental Sciences or a related discipline.
- Three to Five years of experience in the environmental field.
- Must have strong office and field skills, capable and willing to perform field tasks in all types of weather in often demanding outdoor conditions and terrain.
- Stream restoration assessment, monitoring, and design processes experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong verbal and technical writing skills, and be able to read technical literature and engineering plans.
- This individual must beahighly motivated, self-startercapable of working independently; flexibleanddetail-oriented;enjoy interacting with employees and clients; willing to work at a dynamic pace to complete tasks and meet deadlines; and share a commitment to our firm’s vision, mission, and shared values.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Timmons Group - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard