Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in environmental science/engineering/geology
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience including minimum 3 years of professional experience in the consulting field in Michigan
• 40-hr & 8-hr HAZWOPER refresher training
• Strong data interpretation and writing skills and attention to detail
• Familiar with federal regulations including RCRA & CERCLA
• Experience in MI regulations (Part 201, Part 213, Part 31, Part 115, etc.)
• Knowledge of field QA/QC protocols (chain-of-custody protocols, sample packaging/shipping, field equipment decontamination, investigative derived waste management, etc.)
• Experience in projects involving Subsurface Environmental Investigations, Remedial Investigations/Feasibility Studies (RI/FS), Part 213 Leaking Underground Storage Tank Risk-Based Corrective Action (RBCA) Evaluations and Site Closures, Part 201 Phase II Environmental Site Assessments/Baseline Environmental Assessments, and strong experience/background in conducting field investigations involving geoprobe and hollow-stem auger drilling and soil and groundwater sampling (including low-flow sampling), soil boring/monitoring well installations
• Experience in conducting due diligence projects involving ASTM Phase I ESAs
• Valid driver's license required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
• Adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes
• Performs work that involves conventional aspects of scientific disciplines but may be expected to develop sound, innovative and cost-effective solutions to ill-defined problems
• May serve as Project Manager on routine or smaller projects
• Performs work that involves plans, investigations, surveys, structures or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents
• Assists in determining schedule and budget requirements
• Under direction of a senior project professional, manages small tasks or portions of larger project
• Effectively supports the preparation of proposals and can generate proposals under senior guidance
• Begins to interact more with clients to expand work assignments or market new work
• Provides general support and direction to more junior-level employees on routine field assignments and strives for safe conduct on assignments
• Provides technical peer review to data validation reports and other routine tasks and deliverables
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...