Environmental Scientist / GIS Technician
Description: VHB is looking for a mid-level Environmental Scientist / GIS Technician to join our North Ferrisburgh, VT office.
Our clients and work portfolio includes projects for energy utilities, renewable energy developers, ski areas, municipalities, transportation agencies, and real estate developers. Duties for the above position will include office and field work with a focus on GIS services. Office duties will primarily consist of GIS data management, GIS analysis, map production, GPS data processing, and document writing. Field duties will include GPS data collection, water quality sampling and other field assessments.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Aptitude for learning on the job
• Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to grow professionally
• Ability to think critically and solve problems
• Strong communication skills
• 4-6 years of related professional experience
• 2 years minimum direct experience working as a GIS professional
• B.S. (M.S. Preferred) in information technology, GIS, environmental science, natural resources, or a related field
• Demonstrated expertise with ESRI ArcGIS software suite including ArcMap (and extensions) and ArcPad
• Demonstrated expertise with mobile data collection including Trimble GPS products and software
• Ability to conduct tasks independently
• This position may involve working in remote field locations, temporary assignments in other regions where VHB operates, and may include night/weekend shifts and/or working in challenging weather conditions.
Please complete online application at VHB.com : Careers. For questions about this position, please contact Jeanne Wilson at email@example.com.
Consistently ranked by CE News as one of the “Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For,” Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) is an 850 person firm that provides integrated planning, transportation, land development, and environmental services from 22 offices throughout the east coast. Engineering News-Record ranks VHB 76th of the Top 500 U.S. Design Firms and among the Top 50 Transportation Firms in the Nation. VHB is dedicated to providing a challenging, fun, and rewarding work environment. Our staff enjoys opportunities to grow professionally and work on interesting projects. Our dynamic, people-centric organization focuses on a culture of collaboration, personal development, and developing lasting relationships both inside and outside of our firm.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VHB ensures non discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. VHB Participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.