Employment type: Full-time
Langan is seeking an energetic, highly motivated and responsible Geologist or Environmental Scientist for a position in our Miami Lakes, FL office. We are seeking local candidates with entry level to two years of related experience. Knowledge and understanding of FDEP regulations preferred. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing: environmental site investigation and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; asbestos and IAQ investigations, vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation, design, implementation and monitoring; pilot tests; contractor oversight; data management, processing and evaluation; and report preparation. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, desire to learn, professional demeanor and interact with other engineering disciplines is essential.
- A Bachelor degree in Geology or Environmental Science (Master preferred);
- Ideally will possess entry to up to 2 years of related environmental office and field experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of FDEP regulations preferred;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification (desired);
- A valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for remote job site locations;
- Must be willing to spend up to 75 percent of their time working in the field;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Working knowledge of computers, GIS is a plus; and,
- Ability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We provide our staff with the opportunity to direct their own career path. If you are a highly motivated self starter, we can offer you challenge, responsibility, and an environment to grow your career!
We offer employees competitive compensation packages; company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; educational reimbursement; extensive training; and much more!
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. - 21 months ago