The primary purpose of this position is to work with the Division of Water Quality Aquifer Protection Section in the Washington Regional Office. General position responsibilities include the following: |
1. Oversight of regional well construction permitting and compliance program including: evaluation of applications for well construction permits and geothermal well systems; preparation of well construction permits; inspection of wells to determine construction compliance.
2. Perform facility inspections, evaluate monitoring data, and provide compliance oversight of permitted Non-Discharge land application based waste management systems.
3. Respond to environmental complaints.
4. Prepare documentation as required to address compliance issues for different Aquifer Protection Section programs.
5. Provide technical assistance to the general public and contractors in a professional manner.
**Interviews for this position will be held March 11-14, 2013**
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
1. General knowledge in well construction practices.
2. General knowledge in wastewater treatment processes or residuals management practices, which may include sampling and laboratory testing procedures.
3. Knowledge in groundwater quality or hydrogeological assessment practices.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Associate's degree in one of the agricultural, biological, engineering, environmental or natural resource sciences or a closely related curriculum from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information:
To apply for this position, please click APPLY link above. All relevant experience must be included on application to receive proper credit. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state application. Please upload a copy of college transcripts (if available) or submit to address noted below by 5:00 pm on closing date to be considered. Persons eligible for veteran's preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214. DENR uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions with the most qualified applicants, subject to the State Personnel Act. When a salary range is posted, the actual salary will be based on relevant competencies, knowledges, skills and abilities, internal equity, and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position. The State of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SEE ATTACHED RESUME WILL RESULT IN AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION. To receive credit, all experience must be included in the work history sections. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Name: Bea Dillon
Address: 943 Washington Square Mall
Washington, NC 27889
Phone: (252) 948-3806
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources
- 2 years ago - save job