Education / Licensure / Certification:
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
This position provides an integrated customer service approach in the delivery of Environmental Services duties to include the tasks below. This position will also meet and/or exceed internal and external customer expectations while adhering to the environmental and infection control standards established by OSHA, JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
Preferred: 6 months to 1 year previous customer service experience in a health care services department preferred.
• Ability to follow verbal instructions and perform routine tasks.
• Ability to read and follow chemical labeling/mixing instructions; adhere to written safety and infection control policies.
• Ability to interact with groups of people to solve common problems.
• Willingness to be constantly exposed to all types of patient care areas.
• Ability to work skillfully with a variety of equipment and use manual dexterity.
• Ability to lift, push, pull or carry items of at least 30 lbs.
• Ability to work by continuous walking, bending, and standing.
• Ability to wear appropriate protective clothing required by the work environment or governmental organizations – including by not limited to face masks.
1. Ability to evaluate and appropriately respond to verbal and nonverbal communication from patients of diverse stages of development, i.e. Neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
2. Physical demands may be subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Required: Required to demonstrate the ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
Cone Health - 21 months ago
Cone Health (formerly Moses Cone Health System) serves patients in central North Carolina through five acute and specialty care hospitals...