The Environmental Services Technician is responsible for all cleaning/sanitizing performed at Granville Medical Center , Brantwood Nursing Center and adjoining facilities pertaining to housekeeping and laundry and maintaining high standards of cleaning service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs sanitizing and disinfecting work throughout the hospital, Brantwood and
clinics in patient care areas, exam rooms, waiting rooms, restrooms, offices,
meeting rooms, etc.
2. Performs general cleaning tasks such as but not limited to
trash/recycling/biohazard removal, dusting, wet wiping, glass cleaning,
vacuuming, spotting, polishing and mopping.
3. Adds and performs sections of "Detail Cleaning" such as wiping ceiling
vents, high/low dusting, wiping furniture, edge vacuuming and baseboard
4. Performs basic equipment care, checks for wear and damage on assigned equipment.
5. Complies with department Quality Control Reports and makes corrections to
work quality quickly.
6. Must stay current and knowledgeable on proper disinfection practices and
infection control requirements by following Granville Medical standards and techniques for infection reduction.
7. Observes and inspects assigned areas for maintenance and security needs and
reports needed repairs as soon as possible.
8. Keeps paper and chemical supplies stored in work rooms neat and organized.
9. Keeps Housekeeping cart clean and stocked.
10. Follows the rules and intent of the department's regulations and safety
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
Granville Health System - 15 months ago