The Environmental Supervisor provides overall direction and leadership for the environmental professionals by defining roles and responsibilities, setting goals and establishing priorities, providing direction, guidance and/or follow-up. The Environmental Supervisor will work proactively with other refinery departments to ensure all compliance obligations are met and to foster a culture of environmental stewardship. He/she will also be responsible for overseeing compliance audits, building relationships with environmental regulators, ensuring proper resources and guidance is provided to refinery personnel, and overseeing the implementation of an aggressive environmental project plan at the refinery.
1. Responsible for the professional development and training of HES Professionals.
2. Oversees the implementation of all environmental programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies.
3. Builds strategic working relationships and alliances with other departments.
4. Represents refinery in meetings with federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
5. Meets with local environmental and community groups.
6. Identifies emerging environmental issues and recommends actions to address problems.
7. Identifies areas where capital improvements are needed and supports development of refinery budget.
8. Oversees the development and implementation of the Spill Response Plan, participates in the Emergency Response structure, and oversees the ambient air and spill response teams.
9. Provides support to the operations production teams and maintenance staff to ensure refinery activities are conducted in accordance with environmental requirements, permit limits are met, and sampling or monitoring is conducted as required.
Degree: Bachelors Required
Major Discipline: Engineering is preferred
Years Experience Required: Ten plus years of environmental engineering experience. Working knowledge of environmental regulations and refinery operations is required.
Computer proficiencies: Word processing and spreadsheets
Travel Required (%): 5%