Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
- A minimum of two to five (2-5) years experience in healthcare environmental service.
- High school graduate preferred.
- One to three years of environmental services experience preferred
- OR an approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Plan, supervise direct, coordinate and evaluate activities of all Environmental Services staff on assigned shift. This includes continuous inspections (i.e. quality control checks) of facility and employee performance to insure that work is accomplished according to schedule and in compliance with applicable standards and codes.
- Use industry standards and industrial engineering methodologies to appropriately assign work distribution evenly between all available resources.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations and maintains current position descriptions for all employees.
- Manage employees that are on work related restrictions to facilitate return to work status of injured employees.
- Evaluate and recommend budgets for personnel, supplies, and equipment. Maintain departmental supplies at appropriate levels. Evaluate and recommend new supplies and equipment to purchase.
- Establish and maintain favorable working relationships with Nursing Service and other departments to coordinate activities.
- Counsel employees and take disciplinary action when necessary to correct employees unacceptable work performance and/or policy compliance.
- Keep apprised of current trends in management, cleaning procedures and equipment, and applicable safety and sanitation codes, standards, rules and regulations issued by various regulatory agencies.
- Under the general supervision and within specified guidelines and standard procedures continually inspect and observe all areas of the hospital facilities for environmental services.
- Ensure that all assignments are carried out according to a timely schedule. Convey results of personal inspections to the Assistant Director and Manager, and recommends particular areas or units for scheduled cleaning.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our leadership to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change, seeks continuous growth, inspires others, achieves results, thinks strategically and develops people. Leadership roles must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 10 months ago