ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY PROFESSIONAL
Allegheny Ludlum Corporation, a world leader in the technology, production and marketing of specialty materials, is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Professional for our Louisville, Ohio finishing plant.
This individual will be required to initiate leading edge safety processes, programs, and techniques. The Successful candidate will demonstrate effective leadership skills and effectively incorporate Environmental Health & Safety programs on the plant floor. This position reports to the Louisville Plant Manager.
- Strong support of line management using leading indicator measurements to analyze, direct and audit the safety program
- Serve as a technical resource, training the workforce in key program elements, monitoring regulatory compliance programs
- Work in conjunction with the medical staff on case management.
- Manage the record keeping of the regulatory requirements for Environmental agencies and compliance of OSHA documentation including the OSHA 300 log
- Ensure the Title V requirements including VE readings are being completed daily and correct document retention
- Perform weekly sampling of water and other, monthly, quarterly, and annual environmental requirements
- Manage the guards for the facility from a 3 rd party vendor
- Manage the janitorial services for the facility from a 3 rd party vendor
- Ensure the proper administration of Company / OSHA policies
- Develop / Strengthen Company policies and procedures
- Prepare and maintain safety documentation as required by company and Federal OSHA
- Investigate workplace incidents and generate detailed reports and proactive control measures
- Stand as a strong technical reference for safety concerns within facility
- Lead various safety teams facility wide to initiate best practices
- Facilitate radiation safety responsibilities per Ohio State Requirements
- Lead in the implementation of new company and/or OSHA safety standards and policies
- A degree in Safety or Safety and Health Management is required.
- Experience in Environmental Reporting requirements is required.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in the metals industry is a plus.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of Windows based computer applications, must be self-motivated, and must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
We offer an excellent salary, comprehensive benefit package, and relocation if necessary. For consideration, please submit your resume.
An equal opportunity employer
Affirmation action for Females, Minorities, Veterans and the Disabled
Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI)
- 2 years ago - save job
When it comes to steelmaking, Allegheny Ludlum has a plethora of alloys. Allegheny Ludlum, a subsidiary of Allegheny Technologies, produces...