Altarum Institute is seeking multiple Epidemiologists to support a proposed multi-year Health Surveillance project for a strategic federal client in Silver Spring, MD. The Epidemiologists will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to improve the tracking of acute respiratory disease and other reportable events in the military population. The Epidemiologists will assist in the development, planning, testing, and validation of detailed public health seroepidemiologic studies to be conducted in event of a suspected or confirmed outbreak of avian influenza or pandemic influenza.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Assist in the oversight and implement of systems designed to track respiratory illness in high-risk populations. Develops mechanism to improve respiratory disease outbreak detection and reporting.
• Assist external military and collaborating civilian research clients in the development and execution of general epidemiologic and seroepidemiologic studies.
• Assess the feasibility of proposed studies and evaluate data sources for other researchers.
• Respond to ad hoc, quick-turnaround requests and inquiries using existing and routinely collected data.
• Assist fellow staff as required regarding epidemiological study design, biostatistical methods, and SAS programming tasks.
• MS in epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, statistics; and 4+ years of relevant experience.
• Familiar with computer programming including detailed knowledge of statistical software including SAS; and familiarity with the Oracle database structures and queries using SQL.
• Knowledge and ability to use and teach complex epidemiologic and biostatistical methods for assessing the risk of disease due to potential risk factors.
• Ability to think independently about epidemiologic problems and assess data.
• Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 2 years ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...