Job Class Title Equipment Acquisition Specialist Who May Apply Open – All interested Applicants Type Classified Pay Grade CL17 Minimum Annual Salary 43810.58 Maximum Annual Salary 69580.44 Nature of Work This is specialized technical work preparing procurement specifications relating to the purchase of various types of vehicles and heavy equipment. Employees in this class coordinate and monitor the purchase, utilization, and disposition of fleet mechanical equipment and rolling stock. Duties involve management and operation of the Vehicle Replacement Program (VRP), development of the annual replacement budget, discussions with user departments, agencies, and directors to determine vehicle and heavy equipment work requirements and usage, development of specifications which best reflect and meet the work requirements of the respective user departments and agencies, and lastly, but not limited to, ongoing interaction with the Purchasing Department for the timely procurement and delivery of approved vehicles and equipment. Minimum Qualifications • 5 years of experience involving the preparation of specialized and general vehicle and equipment specifications and the corresponding replacement analyses and budgets for the procurement of vehicles, heavy trucks, and specialized equipment; or
Appointing Authority May Also Require: • Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver's License and endorsement, if any.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
Other Qualifications NOTE: The current vacancy requires the incumbent:
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
- Possess a valid Florida Certified Driver's License "E" Work Performed • Manages and administers the county's Vehicle Replacement Program (VRP).
- Prepares specifications for the procurement of automobiles, heavy trucks, and specialized equipment.
- Develops annual vehicle and equipment replacement budget.
- Establishes requisitions for the procurement of equipment and vehicles.
- Receives and inspects equipment for compliance with procurement specifications.
- Approves vehicle and equipment purchases for payment upon procurement inspection and acceptance.
- Coordinates with the Purchasing department, suppliers, vendors, and manufacturer/company representatives on matters germaine to equipment acquisition.
- Coordinates the reassignment and disposition of fleet equipment and rolling stock.
- Provides input on matters relating to equipment modification and design and maintains an equipment specification and technical reference library.
- Maintains a high degree of knowledge currency in areas relating to available equipment and peripheral hardware that supports and fosters unit efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides semiannual utilization reporting to department directors and County Administration.
- Performs related work as assigned or required. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Knowledge of governmental purchasing methods and procedures and laws, rules, regulations and accounting principles related to equipment procurement.
- Knowledge of governmental methods and procedures related to formal bid procedures and recommendations for bid awards.
- Knowledge of departmental accounting methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of disposition procedures related to government equipment.
- Ability to prepare specialized equipment specifications, bids and contracts.
- Ability to interpret market prices or trends, as it relates to vehicle and equipment acquisition and disposition.
- Ability to prepare and interpret advanced spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel. Selection Procedure: All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.
Pinellas County, FL - 15 months ago