Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for an Equipment Inspector at our
Kansas City (Odessa), MO
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime and comprehensive benefits.
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
Our Equipment Inspectors perform visual inspection (e.g. wear points, damage, hour meter readings, etc) and functional testing (e.g. basic operations of the asset) on equipment related to the Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) Program. They will also:
- Gather and verify equipment inventory information (e.g. contract proofs, equipment additions, serial numbers, etc) related to the Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) Program.
- Identify and record all equipment components, accessories and asset details.
- Verify requirements for warranty applicable items.
- Assess equipment and compose photos for the DEI Program.
- Verify all equipment descriptions based on the RBA Equipment Standards Manual.
- Ensure quality assurance of equipment data input and associated information of inspected assets.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
- Assist the Sales team with appraisals and write-ups in the field between peak periods.
- Provide assistance as required to the DEI Team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Equipment Manager.
Here's what you'll bring:
This job will require you to:
- Previous experience in equipment management (inspections, inventory and appraisals) and/or inventory control management, preferably in the auction or heavy equipment business.
- Experience with or knowledge of industrial and/or agricultural equipment, trucks and trailers.
- High school graduate with some post-secondary education is a must.
- Proficiency using computers, MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel) and digital cameras.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (you will be using a 2-way radio and a desk phone).
- Good penmanship – we need to be able to read your writing and printing easily.
- Proven ability to effectively interface with Sales and Operational teams, as well as customers. You must have a strong customer service orientation.
- You must be process-oriented, hands-on and ready to roll up your sleeves to succeed in this role.
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. You thrive working as part of a team and pitch-in wherever needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task multiple projects and initiatives effectively and prioritize work are essential.
- You have a strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or your ability to have fun on the job.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
- Have a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at 4 onsite auction sales and 3 offsite sales. You can expect to work extra hours for 2-3 weeks prior to each sale, during each sale, and for 1 week after each sale.
- Travel 10% per year, to other auction sites.
Office/Auction Site Location
Kansas City (Odessa)
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...