Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for an
auction site. This role is ideal for an experienced and 'hands-on'
individual who is passionate about taking
great strides to manage our auction site's Detailed E
quipment Information (DEI) Program.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own career goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive benefits.
- 401(k) and Employee Share Plan, both with company matching.
- Laptop, blackberry and expense accou
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
The Equipment Manager ensures the equipment inventory control systems and equipment data collection processes are in place at the auction site, including temporary offsite sale locations. (e.g. inspections, photos, insurance and re-consignments, etc). They will also:
- Manage, monitor, maintain and enforce the auction site’s Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) Program standards and procedures.
- Assume full accountability for DEI quality control (e.g. equipment photographs and descriptions, etc).
- Oversee the auction site’s customer service levels surrounding DEI.
- Monitor key performance indicators and generate detailed reports on key DEI operational areas.
- Recommend best practices to improve DEI efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee development of sale advertising materials (e.g. brochures).
- Manage all DEI related equipment documentation.
- Effectively manage and coach the DEI team to their full potential by creating a culture of achievement.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
- Assist the Sales team with appraisals and write-ups in the field between peak periods.
- Assist DEI team during peak periods as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Regional Operations Manager and the Program Manager, Inventory Information.
- Assist the Training Department with developing and delivering related training / certification programs to employees as required.
Here's what you will bring:
This job will require you to:
- At least 3 years experience in equipment management (inspections, inventory and appraisals) and/or inventory control management, preferably in the auction or heavy equipment business.
- 3+ years experience supervising and leading a team of staff. Proven strong leadership and coaching skills are required for this role.
- A university degree or college degree in the field of Business Management or a related technical field would be ideal but is not required.
- Proven ability to effectively interface with Sales and Operational teams, as well as customers. You must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (on this job your most valuable tool will be the 2-way radio, a cell phone and a desk phone).
- You must be process-oriented, hands-on and ready to roll up your sleeves to succeed in this role.
- Excellent organizational skills, you’re the type that leaves no detail unattended.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to identify issues, develop solutions and drive resolution.
- Highly capable of meeting strict deadlines in a high-pressure, ever-changing environment. You must also have the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. You thrive working as part of a team and pitch-in wherever needed.
- Proficiency using computers, MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel) and digital cameras.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
- Have a valid, clean driver’s license, passport or passport eligibility.
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at 5 onsite auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours for 2-3 weeks prior to each sale, during each sale, and for 2 week after each sale.
ravel to other auction sites if necessary.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...