Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for an
Las Vegas, NV and Salt Lake City, UT
auction sites. This role is ideal for an experienced, ‘hands-on’ person with a background in heavy construction or agricultural equipment. The selected candidate may choose to live in either location, Las Vegas, NV or Salt Lake City, UT.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own career goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance-based bonus.
- Affordable, comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(K) and Employee Share Purchase Plan, both with company matching.
- Meals catered at our auction sites at auction time, plus post auction celebration.
- Laptop, smart phone and expense account.
- Safety equipment subsidy.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
Our Equipment Managers manage, monitor, maintain and enforce the auction site’s Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) Program standards and procedures.
- Assume full accountability for DEI program quality control (e.g. equipment documentation, photographs, descriptions, etc).
- Oversee the auction site’s customer service levels as it pertains to the DEI program.
- Monitor key performance indicators and generate detailed reports.
- Recommend best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage and coach the DEI team to their full potential by creating a culture of achievement.
- Assist the DEI team with their work during peak periods.
- Oversee development of auction advertising materials (e.g. brochures).
- Assist the Sales team with appraisals and write-ups between peak periods.
- Assist the Training department with developing and delivering related training / certification programs to employees.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Here’s what you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in equipment management (inspections, inventory and appraisals) and/or inventory control management, preferably in the auction or heavy equipment business.
- 3+ years of experience supervising and leading a team. Proven strong leadership and coaching skills are required for this role.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or a related field would be ideal, but is not required.
- Proficiency using computers, MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel) and digital cameras.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (on this job your most valuable tool will be the 2-way radio, a cell phone and a desk phone).
- Proven ability to collaberate effectively with Sales and Operational teams, as well as customers. You must have a strong customer service orientation.
- You must be process-oriented, hands-on and ready to roll up your sleeves to succeed in this role.
- Excellent organizational skills -- you’re the type that leaves no detail unattended.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to identify issues, develop solutions and drive resolution.
- Capable of meeting strict deadlines in a high-pressure, ever-changing environment. You must also have the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Able to work independently, but also collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. You thrive working as part of a team and pitch in whenever needed.
This job will require you to
- Maintain a valid driver's license, a clean driving abstract, and a passport (or passport eligibility).
- Work indoors and outdoors year-round, and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- As an event-driven company, we need you to eb available for regular overtime, including weekend hours, at
onsite auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours for
weeks prior to each sale,
each sale, and for
week after each sale.
per year, to other auction sites within the region.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers - 9 months ago
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...