Under general supervision of the Senior Foreman the Equipment Operator operates a variety of construction equipment routinely used in street and drainage maintenance. |
1. Participates in the preventative and corrective maintenance of equipment by cleaning and performing pre-operation equipment inspections, identifying and reporting equipment maintenance repair needs to Heavy Equipment Mechanics and assisting with minor equipment maintenance.
2. Operates a variety of light to heavy equipment used in the construction and maintenance of streets, drainage and irrigation system operations. Equipment to include but not limited to tractors, track hoes, back hoes, dump trucks, skidsteer, power booms, front end loaders, trenchers and mini track skidsteer loaders.
3. Enforces and utilizes all safety equipment procedures.
4. Trains staff on work methods and procedures relating to the operation and safety of equipment use.
5. Assists supervisor in monitoring available inventory of materials and tools.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Texas Municipal League - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -