SpecPro, Inc. ., (www.specpro-inc.com) is a dynamic 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation specializing in Life Sciences, Engineering and Technical Services, Information Management Services, and Environmental Services. With over 16 years of professional experience, SpecPro is proud to serve the government and industry in these disciplines. SpecPro has an immediate opportunity for an Equipment Operator in Cape Canaveral, Florida.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
• Provides manual labor support to ensure successful accomplishment of operations and goals of the SpecPro group.
• Utilizes time effectively to accomplish objectives of tasks assigned. Assists with defining information associated with purchases of required supplies, materials and parts.
• Completes assignments within the allocated time and any associated constraints. Maintains equipment as directed to ensure reliability and operability of equipment both SpecPro owned and rented.
• Consistently applies safe work practices in order to avoid injury. Responsible for reading and applying the requirements identified in the SpecPro Group Health and Safety Manual.
• Uses chainsaw, brush blade, or other hand-held equipment, including chemical applicators such as hypo hatchet and spot gun, to remove excess trees and other vegetation. Determines the exotic vegetation to allow access into thick areas for the application of herbicide to exotic species. May require use of heavy equipment, chippers and other tools that are commonly used for the removal and/or killing of unwanted vegetation.
• Work is primarily physical. Dexterity is necessary in order to achieve objectives. In addition, must demonstrate the physical ability to perform tasks in hazardous wild-land fire environments. Demonstrate ability to identify and mitigate work hazards and adjust to real-time changing conditions.
• This position is not limited to this job description, as other duties may be required as assigned.
• High School Diploma
• Valid Florida Driver’s License
• Pile Burner Certification
• Wildland Firefighter Certification a plus
• Candidates MUST have U.S. citizenship or the ability to obtain citizenship, and be able to pass a government background investigation.
Able to conplete the requirements of the position.
Bristol Bay Native Corporation - 13 months ago