Company Info for External Posting:|
Maxum Petroleum is on course to becoming the largest independent energy logistics company in the country based on gallons of refined fuel and lubricants sold and we are looking for enthusiastic, capable, and dependable team members to help us grow. As a member of the Maxum team, you will enable us to provide our customers a broad array of value-added services while you sharpen your skills and grow your career.
Join our talented and diverse team of over 1300 employees across the US and Panama in important roles such as commercial driver, warehouse operator, inventory specialist, and key functions such as sales & marketing, operations, customer service, dispatch, Information technology, accounting and human resources. There is no shortage of opportunities to learn, grow and contribute while you fuel your growth and our success.
We currently have the following opening:
External Job Description:
Equipment Service Technician
The Equipment Service Technician reports to the Operations Supervisor and is the liaison between the Sales/Operations teams and the customers. The Technician regularly travels to customer sites to evaluate and track petroleum/lubricant equipment condition and location and product inventory, and to address any customer concerns. The Technician also conducts initial site surveys in partnership with Sales and Environmental, Health, Safety and Security to determine equipment needs and may participate in the proposal, permitting, and installation processes. The Technician conveys customer questions, concerns, and requests to the customer service team as required. The Technician must be able to work in a fast paced environment with high work order volume, pay close attention to detail, be extremely organized, and be able to recognize changes in demand to prioritize workflow.
Customer inventory monitoring . Conduct customer visits to verify inventory levels and place required orders directly or submit through customer service team. Monitor e-tank sensors. Maintain and reconcile perpetual inventories and assist with Maxum warehouse inventory management as required. Properly label all bulk lubricant and fuel tanks.
Equipment evaluation, installation, and repair. Evaluate potential and new customer sites and coordinate ordering, permitting, and installation, and review of equipment in partnership with Sales, Operations, and Environmental, Health, Safety and Security. Schedule maintenance of customer equipment based on evaluation of equipment’s condition. Repair pneumatic and electric pumps, reels, meters, tanks, electronic monitoring equipment and other lubricant and fuel equipment. Track location of equipment and notify appropriate parties if equipment has moved. Plan and organize repair and maintenance requirements; monitor, manage and process work orders. Coordinate resources to support repair process. Communicate the repair process to all parties involved.
Customer relationship management . Identify customer needs/concerns and address them with the proper department. Follow up with customers/sales representatives/operations department concerning all customer needs/concerns. Assist sales team members with sales calls and proposals as required.
Critical Success Factors
- CDL, HAZMAT, Tanker & Class A Endorsements are required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; undergraduate degree preferred.
- Experience in petroleum/lubricant industry distribution strongly preferred.
- Minimum three years demonstrated customer service experience, both phone- and field-based.
- Knowledgeable in the use of hand tools; knowledgeable in the troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic and electric pumps, reels, meters, tanks, electronic monitoring equipment and other lubricant and fuel equipment.
- Ability to perform equipment repairs in safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to manage an equipment parts inventory.
- Able to work various scheduled hours and overtime including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and database programs and ability to learn new computer programs including in-house systems; SAP experience preferred.
- Must be physically able to negotiate steps; must be able to bend, stoop, climb, stand, and reach.
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time; must be able to push, pull, and lift in excess of 75 pounds
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Continuous Learning Orientation
Information Gathering, Utilization, and Sharing
Negotiating and Influencing
Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
Resourcefulness and Flexibility
Maxum Petroleum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Maxum Petroleum, Inc - 20 months ago
Maxum Petroleum is a leading independent energy logistics company that markets and distributes a comprehensive offering of refined petroleum...