Equity REIT Trader
Prudential Real Estate Investors
Prudential Real Estate Investors (PREI) is the real estate investment management business of Prudential Financial. PREI is comprised of fund management centers in the US located in Madison, New Jersey, Atlanta, Chicago, New York and San Francisco. Globally, PREI has offices in Munich, London, Singapore, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo, and Hong Kong. PREI's specialized operating units offer a broad range of investment opportunities and investment management services in the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia. PREI’s Principles of Business include doing the right thing, building bridges, valuing our people and working to win; we also place high importance on sustainability.
As of September 30, 2012, PREI managed over $51.2 billion in gross real estate assets ($34.6 billion net) on behalf of clients worldwide and ranks among the largest real estate investment managers. For more information, please visit
Prudential Real Estate Investors seeks an experienced equity trader to assist with trading and executions for the Global Real Estate Securities Group, which maintains a focus on multiple public equity investment strategies, with current assets under management of over $2.5B. The trader will work closely with Portfolio Managers to recommend and implement trading strategies to minimize market impact and achieve best execution. The Trader is responsible for in depth market knowledge and a strong understanding of supply, demand and liquidity characteristics of REIT equity securities. The Trader will be responsible for timely & accurate entering of equity trades on Long View Trading System. Traders are also responsible for working closely with brokers and operations to resolve trading discrepancies. This individual should have an in depth working knowledge of the trading system(s) and be able to resolve trade issues on a timely basis. Traders are responsible for meeting compliance standards and protecting the assets of our investors through timely, accurate trade entry.
The Trader will be responsible for:
- Recommending and implementing trading strategies to minimize market impact and achieve best execution.
- In depth market knowledge and understanding of supply, demand and liquidity characteristics of REIT equity securities.
- Monitoring and reviewing external brokers for best execution.
- Timely and accurate entering and allocation of trades on the Longview Trading System.
- Provide Portfolio Management with market updates, security flow, and commentary.
- Cash management for trading.
- Acting as a liaison between Portfolio Management team, Operations, IT, Legal and Risk Management on trading issues, audits, due diligence, inquiries, RFPs, new fund launches and adhoc requests.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-7 years equity trading experience - REIT, trading experience is preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficient in Bloomberg and Excel; knowledgeable of Linedata Long View Trading System or similar equity trading system
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
United States-New Jersey-Madison
Yes, 10 % of the Time
For more than 140 years, Prudential has delivered products and services that help address the financial challenges of individual and...