The Equity Research Associate will work with two-to-three investment analysts focused on integrated oil & gas, E&P, downstream, and oil services. The analytical responsibilities will include general company research, gathering industry data from HPDI and working with applications such as FactSet, Datastream, CapitalIQ, Bloomberg, etc., but weighted towards financial modeling. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to conduct independent research on topics and themes related to the companies and industries covered by the analysts.
• Building and maintaining detailed financial spreadsheet models.
• Assisting in writing and editing research reports.
• Collaborating with investment professionals on ad hoc research questions.
• Writing summaries of investment calls.
• Attending meetings with company management, sell-side brokers and industry experts, and internal investment calls.
• Two or more years of investment research experience.
• Advanced spreadsheet and financial modeling skills.
• Knowledge of accounting, principles of investment valuation and analysis.
• A university degree in finance, accounting, or economics is preferred.
• An MBA in finance or participation in the CFA program is an asset.
• Experience with M&A transactions in the oil & gas sector will be viewed favorably.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to initiate and conduct independent projects with minimal guidance.
Capital Group Companies - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...