Available Openings: 1
Job Title: Equity Trader
Job ID: 85823
Business Unit: US Asset Management
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Eligible for Relocation: N
Travel Percentage: None
Focused on people, not just our bottom line.
Here, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office
- and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial.
Columbia Management, a division of Ameriprise Financial is seeking an Equity Trader. The Equity Trader is an intermediate level role responsible for assisting traders with the execution of equity transactions while working under the direct supervision of senior traders. This role independently executes buy and sell orders and assists operations with the settlement of trades. The position is to be based in Boston.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute small buy and sell orders utilizing electronic trading system. Determine execution of trades with close consideration of the research budget.
- Assist traders with the execution of buy and sell orders for securities, considering the size of the order, trading supply and the prevailing market conditions.
- Collect and disseminate research and trade information to portfolio managers and other investment officers.
- Communicate with brokerage trading desks regarding research information and merchandise flow. Communicate indications of interest to Traders and Brokers.
- Respond to inquiries from Portfolio Managers and Analysts regarding trade issues.
- Maintain timely and accurate trade information for the equity=trading desk. May also maintain settlement information. Assist in trade problem reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s degree – Finance or Economics preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an equity trader for a buy side or sell side firm
- General knowledge of and genuine interest in financial markets.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential. Strong customer service orientation toward both internal and external customers is required.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team, which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Must be able to meet deadlines under time constraints with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform in a high stress environment.
- Advanced PC skills including: Excel, Bloomberg and execution management tools
- Strong math orientation and numerical aptitude.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
Brokerage, investment and financial advisory services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA and SIPC. Some products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all clients. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© 2011 Ameriprise Financial, Inc. All rights reserved.
Ameriprise Financial - 30+ days ago
It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products,...