Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$719 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2012, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking an Equity Trading Syndicate Trader. The position will be based in our Boston office, report to the Manager of Global Equity Syndicates and be primarily focused on working in a team environment that research, inform and process all IPOs, Secondary, Blocks and Reverse Inquiries globally. The position will be a point of contact for all pre-soundings within the Equity complex.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Managing the flow of information and orders associated with all syndicate related issues.
- Gathering and disseminating market and sector information to appropriate Investment personnel;
- Performing market and security relative value analysis;
- Developing a thorough understanding of the regulations, liquidity and intricacies of the global markets.
- Studying the marketplace for tactical opportunities and generating trading ideas consistent with investment strategies.
The successful candidate will possess:
oAdvanced knowledge of trading strategies and market characteristics
- A total of 7-10 years trading experience in addition to a minimum of 2-5+ years of Capital Market or Investment Banking experience; cash trading experience is not a sufficient qualification for this role;
- Strong quantitative, analytical and technology skills;
oAbility to interpret technical level data with an advanced level understanding of capital markets and syndicates trading
- Undergraduate degree is required with progress or completion towards a post graduate degree and/or CFA a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task under tight time constraints in a high-pressure environment;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Wellington Management - 16 months ago
If Napoleon had met this Wellington, Waterloo would have taken on a whole new meaning: sound asset management. Wellington Management...