Plus One Health Management Inc. is a leader in the design, development, and management of fitness centers, spas, and wellness programs for large corporations, luxury hotels, real estate developers, and community centers. Plus One applies an integrated approach, while catering to some of the finest organizations in the world. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, luxury hotel properties, financial services firms, law partnerships, and world leaders in the media, biotechnology, energy, and pharmaceutical industries. Founded in 1986 as a personal training clinic for celebrities and discerning clients who valued custom health and wellness solutions, today Plus One employs more than 1,700 professionals nationwide. For more information, please visit www.plusone.com.
The Ergonomist will report directly to the Florida Blue point of contact and work on-site at the designated Florida Blue location. The primary responsibility of this role is to represent Plus One on-site at BCBSF and provide gold standard ergonomic services. Additionally the Ergonomist will liaise with other Plus One ergonomists to share best practices and help raise the overall level of innovation and service.
Principal Duties On Behalf Of Client:
From Florida Blues perspective, the primary responsibility is to provide ergonomic services leveraging the current protocols. Through providing these services the Ergonomist will need to recognize repetitive motions or extreme physical stress in workplaces that can result in the straining of muscles and other health concerns and determine what aspects within employee environments affect job performance, or safety and recommend solutions to provide increased comfort and decreased physical strain, or risk of hazards while on the job. The Ergonomist will also perform workplace ergonomic evaluations, assess work environments, analyze how employees use either the equipment currently provided or new equipment, and use evaluation results to identify areas for improvement. This position may support Florida Blues real estate and strategy, procurement, and technology teams in the development of workplace desk / office standards, equipment standards and suppliers, and, when necessary, integration of solutions into Florida Blues technology platforms.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to developing and delivering ergonomic training programs; participating in ergonomic focused projects; analysis and reporting, serving on wellness committees; and communicating at all levels within the organization both verbally and written.
To apply, please visit the Careers section of our Web site at www.plusone.com.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Prefer degree in Ergonomics, Human Factors Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum two years experience with ergonomic assessments. Five years preferred.
- Professional certification preferred. Ability to achieve a certification within six months of hire required.
- Proficiency in the use of various ergonomic equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills / attention to detail.
- Graduate degree from recognized college or university in applied ergonomics or other engineering disciplines
- Possess or be working towards recognized professional certification in ergonomics
CareerBuilder - 16 months ago
A healthy bottom line, not a flabby one, is the goal of Plus One Holdings. The company designs, develops, and manages fitness centers and...