Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level! Error Resolution Director
The Error Resolution Director will be responsible for managing a large team of dispute research specialists who research and resolve customer disputes related to ATM/Debit card activity, Automated Clearing House (ACH) activity, and unauthorized check activity. Such a position will require substantial knowledge and experience of the relevant regulations impacting these Banking functions.
The director will also be responsible for forecasting resource needs, optimizing resource allocation as well as improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the team. The director may, in the future, be required to manage a team remotely as the company grows.
- Manage the team of people responsible for the investigation of oral and written notice of errors for disputed transactions submitted via internal customers or Banking customers in accordance with rules regulations and time lines.
- Monitor and control the granting of provisional credit as well as monitor and control losses.
- Develop, implement and monitor relevant quality control mechanisms
- Develop and implement relevant forecasting techniques in order to optimally allocate resources
- Be the subject matter expert within the team regarding all relevant rules and regulations
- Coordinate and manage all functions and activities within the team
- Develop and implement monthly reporting regarding:
- Financial impacts
- Resource allocations
- Quality measures
- Work closely with tech departments to develop / improve existing process, procedures and systems
- Ensure the resolution of customer disputes related to ATM/Debit card activity and Automated Clearing House transactions are accurately
- Ensure the resolution of (ACH) disputes, and unauthorized check activity to ensure compliance
- Ensure prompt communication to the customers regarding the results of the investigation within dedicated time lines
- Support audits and related information provision
- Identify team training needs and source or develop as required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 7-10 years Bank operations experience required
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of the Electronics payments association
- Significant hands on experience regarding Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E) required
- Subject matter expert of debit card chargeback codes
- Self motivated, self starter, an ability to manage time and deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize assignments
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word, Access (Fiserv experience preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven propensity to learn new technologies quickly;
- Strong organizational skills and sense of urgency;
- Demonstrates analytical problem solving skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to provide stellar customer service to resolution;
- Thrives in a collaborative, open team environment;
- Enjoys new challenges in a rapidly growing, changing environment;
- Solid understanding of accounting and statistics;
- Extensive experience managing a large, diverse team;
- Experience managing teams remotely (preferred).
Higher One - 24 months ago
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...