As a Escalation Engineer, you will help our customers apply our application and network analysis solutions to perform a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to:
In this position, you will answer client questions and resolve their problems with all our products, with a focus on Application Performance Management solutions.
- Respond to customer requests for assistance
- Understand and troubleshoot customer issues
- Guide the customer through problem resolutions
- Report Software issues to Engineering
Here’s what you should bring to the table:
Note that the work schedule for this position is 4×10, where at least one of the four work days is a Saturday or Sunday.
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- At least five years experience in a technical support position, preferably with a networking technology company.
• Hands-on experience with OPNET or Riverbed products is a plus.
• In depth knowledge and hands on experience in the following: SAN , NAS , NFS , SCSI , RAID , device drivers, and/or file systems
- Deep knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment.
- Experience with UNIX /Linux/MS, scripting is a plus.
- Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and/or Ethereal/Wireshark.
- Basic understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency.
- Experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs and VLAN trunking ( WCCP a big plus).
- Strong communication skills with customers, as well as internal company groups.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: QoS, Netflow, NAT , SSL , HTTP , CIFS , MAPI , NFS , Firewalls, RAID .
- Cisco CCNA is highly preferred.
- Must be motivated to have an impact on our products, our company, and the state of the art.
OPNET Technologies - 14 months ago