Escrow and Administrative Assistant in Commercial Real Estate
*PREVIOUS COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED*
*PLEASE APPLY WITH RESUME AND COVER LETTER*
Rialto Capital – Tempe, AZ
Rialto Capital - a fully owned subsidiary of Lennar, one of the nation's leading home builders – is a diversified real estate investment, management, development and finance company. Our investment and asset management responsibilities include oversight of partnerships with leading institutional and high net worth investors, structured transactions with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and investment in a Public Private Investment Fund (PPIP) with the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Rialto has acquired over $5 billion in distressed loans and properties in this cycle.
TEMP TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY OVERVIEW:
The Phoenix office of Rialto Capital is looking for a Temp-to-Hire Administrative Assistant with previous CRE transaction experience to support the team with the acquisition, management and disposition of properties within a sizable, diverse and opportunistic real estate portfolio consisting of commercial operating properties, residential subdivisions and land.
Position will work in support of the Asset Managers and Vice President to provide portfolio and project specific support throughout the entire real estate process including acquisitions, dispositions, entitlements, operations, construction, development and leasing.
Upon successful completion of evaluation period, this position has the opportunity to move to full time with full benefits and paid time off.
Candidates are encouraged to apply with resume and cover letter.
- Managing escrows and stewarding transactions to closing with agent, title and owner interface.
- Assist in managing Escrow Transactions (scanning and saving due diligence material in appropriate folders, typing detailed list of due diligence material on file, upload due diligence material to the document center, manage signatures and documents for closing, update and maintain sections of weekly reports and maintain hard copies of all transaction files, etc.).
A/R AND A/P PROCESSING
- Support A/R and A/P as well as work with Risk Management to obtain property Insurance.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Support Asset Manager communication with property managers for day to day management.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
- Maintain outstanding general office organization.
- Responsible for performing advanced, diversified, detail oriented and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge of the organization and its policies and procedures.
- Organize professional portfolio binders with key internal data points, business plans, and filing of both paper and digital files.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, with attention to detail and deadline.
- Compile information, materials, and documents for meeting agendas, reports and presentations.
- Makes arrangements for meetings/presentations.
- Utilizes various software packages such as spreadsheet, word processing, and graphics to produce high quality reports, presentations and documents
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently
- Compose and submit expense reports. Arrange travel and conference reservations as needed
- Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel. Show visitors to the meeting room and determine if they need any refreshments.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and previous experience as administrative assistant / office assistant, OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience in a professional, high volume, fast-paced setting.
- Previous employment in commercial real estate a bonus, (Escrow / Escrow Coordinator experience preferred).
- Solid computer proficiency: Adobe Acrobat, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Gmail.
- Strong command of English grammar and punctuation; proofing and editing experience.
- Impeccable organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain poise in a fast-paced environment and ability to work well under stressful situations.
- Must be able to demonstrate discretion in handling highly confidential information.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Extremely detailed organizational skills, the ability to multi-task on a number of different projects at the same time, with adaptability to changing priorities and needs.
- Personal commitment to excellence with demonstrated self-direction, outstanding initiative and work ethic.
- Must be team-oriented and work well in a collaborative environment with integrity and professionalism.
- Light travel may be required to and from project sites, jurisdictions, utilities, etc.
Local Candidates Only
No relocation assistance is offered for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.
Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, perceived disability, veteran status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.