This position is to function as liaison between accounting and operations. The candidate will be authorized to make decisions on behalf of the business and deliver timely details in regards to accounting function, monies transferred, documentation required, and accurate reconciliation of accounts and records. In this capacity, the candidate will be responsible for review of the input and documentation provided by others to accurately capture the details of transactions for proper execution.
- Monitor bank account activity on-line to determine receipt of incoming escrow deposits or returned wires
- Arrange for transfer of monies between accounts when necessary
- Inputs receipt of escrow proceeds into software. Notify Closing Disbursement team of receipt.
- Manage deposits for the office (both escrow and non-escrow) via the use of a remote deposit device. Overnight deposits to the bank for items that fail the remote deposit device
- Review and monitor the outstanding escrow checks. Actively inquire via phone and/or letter why checks remain outstanding. Provide data for any items requiring escheatment.
- Utilize prior experience and exposure to accounting process and procedures to facilitate accounting transition.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience in accounting procedures and compliance.
- Thorough understanding of Client systems and software
- Capacity to exercise discretion and utilize independent judgment with respect to accounting requirements and daily operations protocol.