Meritage Homes in conjunction with Carefree Title Agency, Inc. is seeking a full-time Escrow Assistant/Assistant Escrow Officer to be responsible for processing builder escrows in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Open new builder escrows in FAST system, which includes initial entry of contract information, scanning of contract documents into the system and ordering the title commitment..
- Order statements from HOAs, Cities, existing lenders.
- Preparation of HUD Settlement Statements.
- Balancing of the receipts and disbursements to be made.
- Preparation of closing documents required for closings, i.e., Terms and Conditions, Deeds, Affidavits of Value and any other documents required for closing..
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- 2-4 years related experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as operating and maintenance instructions and policy and procedure manuals;
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees of organization;
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently.