Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and process escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
• Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
• Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
• Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
• Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
• Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
• Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
• Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title.
• Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions.
• Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
• Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
First American Financial Corporation (First American) provides financial services through its Title Insurance and Services segment and its...