ponsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Complete real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements, assembling, preparing, reviewing, processing, and distributing closing documents, and disbursing funds.
· Determine escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
· Obtain clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, and coordinating satisfaction/release of existing liens and encumbrances against property or sellers.
· Establish escrow accounts, handle escrow funds, and maintain records.
· Prepare transaction documents by completing forms and statements and collecting and reviewing documents.
· Complete calculations for prorating taxes and interest.
· Complete closing transaction documents by assembling documents, reviewing documents with parties, explaining provisions and procedures, answering questions, checking documents for completeness and accuracy, and obtaining signatures.
· Complete closing by recording and filing documents and preparing and distributing final closing statements and title policies.
· Prepare HUD statements in accordance with lender instructions and applicable law.
· Close escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
· Comply with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to applicable regulatory requirements.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
· Enhance organization’s efficiency, reputation, and environment by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to company’s production, profitability, image, and environment.
· High School diploma or equivalent;
· 2-4 years related experience with 3+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow officer and/or assistant;
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
· Ability to read and interpret documents, such as operating and maintenance instructions and policy and procedure manuals;
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees of organization;
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, and percentages.
Escrow Officer Certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or bank is a plus.
Meritage Homes Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard