In this role, you will perform technical reviews on estimates written for property loss adjustments as part of quality assurance to ensure technical accuracy.
*Perform other duties as assigned.*
- Reviews and processes contractor construction estimates for technical accuracy
- Verify calculations of building (i.e. roofing) diagrams
- Assist estimator with correct estimating methods and utilization of required estimating software to include making revisions to original estimates
- Review supplements and validate against original estimates
- Record estimate review information in estimating software system
- Verifies pricing database for accuracy and consistency during reviews.
- Re-price estimates into pricing database
- Rewrite estimates into estimating software format.
- Knowledge of estimating structure repairs
- Computer literacy with knowledge of e-mail and the internet
- Experience with estimating software commonly used in insurance industry
- Ability to learn a wide variety of company specific software programs
- Understanding of insurance terms, principles, concepts and practices
- Additional post-secondary schooling
- Minimum of two years experience in construction industry and/or in property adjusting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
Crawford & Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard