Area of Interest:
The Shaw Group provides premier engineering, design, construction, and maintenance services to government and private-sector clients in a wide array of industries, including the energy, environmental, infrastructure, and emergency response markets.
Summary:Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Success Factors:
- Work closely with lead estimator and project teams on preparation of front end estimates on small and large projects using estimating software.
- Strong desire to learn to prepare detailed project estimates using MC2-ICE estimating tool and ICARUS.
- Assist with maintaining estimating database for all disciplines.
- Ability to learn engineering estimation procedures.
- Assist in the scoping of capital projects in the development of basis estimating work breakdown structures.
- Attend training on new estimating procedures and software packages as required.
- Assist with detailed project estimates and Icarus estimates on projects as required.
- Ability and drive to learn the estimating profession..
- Establish working relationship with site based engineering teams to assist in improvements in estimating procedures and processes.
- Timely and effective communication.
- Ability to learn site specific unit operations and site specific construction strategies.
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience or Associates Degree or higher with a strong desire to become a lead estimating professional within a chemical facility.
- Action oriented self starter who has a desire to become a lead estimating professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Deals with conflict effectively.
Shaw Group - 13 months ago
The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental servi...