Estimates construction materials, technical spec., employee hours, cost and any other job requirements for project.
Applies technical experience to interpret documentation, specifications, and design drawings.
Assists in the development of estimating plan to establish estimate/proposal strategies.
Evaluates, assess, and addresses situational factors such as complexities, conditions, and trends, etc.
Effectively analyzes construction benchmarks and historical costs.
Assists in the development of estimating basis identifying utilized estimating methodologies.
Participates in presentation of estimates/proposals to corporate management.
Identifies potential risks, opportunities, and alternative solutions.
Strives for continual process improvement and or efficiencies.
Collectively maintains estimating historical benchmarking data base.
Perform material take-offs and systematically estimate costs involving: Fabrication, Manufacturing, pressure vessel/piping systems and construction projects.
Obtains, reviews and maintains documentation of third party pricing.
Populates the necessary estimates/proposals documents such as clarifications lists, tender forms, work break down structures, rates schedules, etc
Performs quality checks on estimates to ensure accuracy.
Setup job and specs as well as enter take-offs into Estimating Software.
Export files from Estimating Software by project as well as each discipline by construction work package.
Provides mentorship and guidance to Intermediate/Junior Estimator within the team.
Assists in administering project estimating functions such work assignments, sequencing of priorities, etc as required by the Estimating Team Lead.
Minimum of industrial estimating experience required with formal education.
Attend and participate in team as well as functional meetings; provide insight with regards to current/outstanding issues and weekly progress.
Attend and participate in site-visits, pre-bid meeting and post-bid meeting as required.
Designate for the Estimating Lead as required.
Interface and provide on-going technical support to construction.
Collaborate with other functions, engineering firms, and vendors to enhance project success; as required by the Estimating Lead.
Ensures all documentation is relevant and available to support the development of estimates/proposals.
Collectively maintains the estimate/proposal files as back-up for the estimate/proposal including acute information on qualifications, labour rates, construction equipment rates, material pricing from suppliers, -subcontract pricing from third parties vendors, benchmarks of historical productivity figures, etc.
Track and record and post awards and rejections for continuous improvement and history tracking.
Post, review and print off any required information from Flint Document Managment System (FDMS) which pertains to current tasks, responsibilities and projects. Job Requirements
- Minimum of industrial estimating experience required with formal education.
- Expert computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Estimating Software.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Project), 3-D Modeling Software, Primavera Scheduling Software.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques and strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of industrial construction.
- Having excellent organizational and decision making/problem solving skills.
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, analyze and understand construction drawings, associated documentation, contracts, cost coding systems, work breakdown structures, etc.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and to communicate effectively with others, having strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- 10+ years of extensive, practical and successful experience in organizing and preparing industrial cost estimates/proposals for construction projects would be considered equivalent for the formal education requirement.
- Periodic visits to the project work site may be required.
URS Flint would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We encourage you to keep up to date on our current Career Opportunities by visiting our website or calling 1-866-463-5468 .
URS Canada - 16 months ago
About AECOM and URS
Together AECOM and URS are one of the world’s premier, fully integrated infrastructure and support services...