A member of the National Mission Critical preconstruction/estimating team who is responsible for independently preparing sections of schematic, design development and construction document estimates including soliciting and evaluating subcontractor bids, and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys, reviewing project plans and specifications for all Electrical related CSI categories of work. May supervise the work of other estimators, intern/co-ops students. Member of preconstruction/estimating team that prepares budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for Mission Critical construction projects to be built for clients.
• Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for Electrical CSI division systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development, construction documents).
• Provides information to senior estimators/senior preconstruction managers for the purpose of developing accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with project management team's assistance.
• Develops accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with project management team's assistance.
• Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
• Solicits and analyzes subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
• Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
• Develops unit costs accurately.
• Possesses value management skills and learns how to implement cost savings methods.
• Performs technical/plan review when required.
• Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
• Possesses knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources.
• Possesses in depth knowledge of Mission Critical Electrical Systems
• Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload.
• Is extremely proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software (e.g. MC2, Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff, Constructware, and іSqFt).
• Constantly strives to improve individual capabilities, performance and expand knowledge of construction technologies and techniques.
Job Description - Requirements
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
• B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying or equivalent work experience with 5 to 7 years of electrical estimating/preconstruction and/or operations experience on commercial projects or 8 to 10 years of progressive equivalent work experience in a relate field. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
• Knowledgeable in the majority or all of the following: mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
• Must demonstrate expanding knowledge of construction details as they pertain to electrical systems.
• Possess good organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
• Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
• Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
• Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
• Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software (like MC2), word processing, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
Balfour Beatty Construction is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.