American Progress has an immediate opening for an Ethnic Media Manager who will be part of American Progress’s stellar Communications team and provide media outreach support to the Progress 2050 team. The Ethnic Media Manager will work with the rest of the Communications team as well as American Progress’s policy experts to ensure that the organization deepens its relationships with ethnic media. He or she will be responsible for monitoring media, pitching stories, providing general media support, and keeping abreast of the changing landscape of ethnic media.
The Ethnic Media Manager will also be responsible for developing a group of message surrogates, both inside and outside of American Progress, who will be able to deliver our progressive message to ethnic specialty audiences. This person will do media training, pitching, booking, and message development for this network of experts.
- Serve as primary contact for ethnic media outreach.
- Write and pitch press releases to national, regional, and local press.
- Develop innovative and creative media outreach ideas.
- Monitor daily print, online, and television coverage in English and Spanish.
- Maintain and update media lists.
- Oversee press interns.
- Develop network of surrogates for progressive message.
- Monitor and build social media networks for CAP en Español.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Fully bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to initiate projects and balance multiple projects at once.
- Experience working with reporters, pitching stories, and developing press strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Sense of humor and flexibility.
- Commitment to American Progress’s mission and goals.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or relevant degree.
- Three to four years of communications experience.
- Nonprofit and political experience a plus.
- Experience working with 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations a plus.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org .
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org .
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com .
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress - 21 months ago