The purpose of this position is to provide technical and analytical support activities for the Parks & Recreation Department, including providing administrative support for Allen Event Center (AEC) projects and events; serving as a liaison to the Finance Department regarding AEC revenues and expenditures; conducting research, and assisting with revenue and expenditure reporting and forecasting. Other duties may include interfacing with other City employees, citizens and vendors. This position does not provide direction to other employees.
The information listed below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of project files, reports, and schedules for departmental use, including developing and maintaining spreadsheets to track project revenues and expenditures for AEC and departmental projects. Utilizes financial software to process and track purchase orders and payables relating to the department and events.
- Reviews, audits, and confirms accuracy of invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, and other documents. Works with bills, including reviewing for accuracy, maintaining spreadsheets, organizing and preparing data for reports, and monitoring payments.
- Performs revenue and expenditure analysis for AEC and departmental projects, including developing, preparing, updating, and revising multi-year revenue and expenditure schedules.
- Interfaces with Finance and other departments regarding AEC events. Answers questions and provides information to the public, outside agencies, vendors; receive complaints and questions, referring them to appropriate staff for resolution.
- Assists with administrative support activities, including preparation and update of records, verification and distribution of information, maintenance or files and departmental information.
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature which may be obtained with six months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Junior college, vocational, business, technical or correspondence schools are likely sources. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training.
Over two years up to and including four years of relevant experience.
Certification and Other Requirements
Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
Advanced - Ability to read literature, books, reviews, scientific or technical journals, abstracts, financial reports, and/or legal documents. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Receives general directions. The employee normally performs the job by following established standard operating procedures and/or policies. The employee may choose the appropriate procedure or policy. Performance is reviewed periodically.
Supervisory / Organizational Control
Work requires the occasional direction of helpers, assistants, seasonal employees, interns, volunteers or temporary employees.
Work requires analysis and judgment in accomplishing diversified duties. Requires the exercise of independent thinking within the limits of policies, standards, and precedents.
Interpersonal / Human Relations Skills
Discussion Frequent: From 21% to 50% of work time.