EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Solicits account leads from group meeting/event planners and decision makers for cultivation and development. Develops sales plan and strategy in order to meet or exceed room night and other revenue goals.
- Represents the hotel with prospective customers to provide necessary information on hotel facilities and services and to determine levels of interest.
- Manages and negotiates account details and contracts so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Communicates and plans for operations departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
- Formulates program and submits formal sales proposals to prospective customers.
- Leads on-site inspections by customers, entertains customers, performs outside sales calls to develop leads.
- Attends trade shows/events and makes personal calls on customers which may involve travel within or outside the United States, dependent on assigned markets.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- Forecasts realistic group pick-up utilizing recent convention history and other information.
- Distributes information relative to the company/customer and the hotel.
- Actively participates where appropriate in related trade organizations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of the hotel sales process to include lead generation, solicitation, negotiation and closing techniques.
- Ability to read the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, proposals, general correspondence and similar written materials.
- Advanced English language skills for formulation of proposals, memos and general correspondence.
- Ability to speak the English language to effectively communicate with customers and hotel team members.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Four year college degree preferred
- Prior hotel experience in hospitality sales, conference planning or convention