POSITION: Event Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Event Services Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt/Salaried/FT
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Coordinator at SMG – Tulsa, BOK/Tulsa Convention Center. Under direct supervision of Director of Event Services and the Senior Event Services Manager, the Event Coordinator will assist the Event Services Department in all aspects of events including customer contact, coordination and distribution of information within the facility, client follow-up, and client billing.
• Provide the best service possible to every client, patron and vendor.
• Plan, coordinate and execute meetings/events according to the needs of our clients in a timely manner. Maintain constant communication with the client before and during their meetings/events.
• Work closely with the Sales Department to ensure that the clients are addressed in a timely manner. Attend pre-cons when necessary.
• Research, review and recommend equipment, materials and supplies required to make an event successful.
• Coordinate outside service needs with contractors, decorators or other vendors.
• Issue appropriate paperwork to the proper staff in a timely manner.
• Assist with special needs or requests from our clients and communicate to our staff in a timely manner.
• Maintain record of all event-related expenses and bill client appropriately by issuing a summary of expenses.
• Attend weekly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all of the other departments.
• Maintain the proper image and generate positive public relations with clients, patron and staff.
• Ensure that the integrity of the facility is upheld in the manner that we and our guest are accustomed to.
• Rotate with other facility personnel to function as Manager on Duty (MOD), who maintains total responsibility and authority over all clients, staff personnel, patrons, security and safety in assigned buildings. Responsibilities include but not limited to making sure contractual agreements are met and clients’ event requirements and changes have been made in a timely fashion. On-duty staff/subcontractors ultimately report to the MOD through any Managers or Supervisors who are present during the event.
• Respond to crowd control and/or crowd management situations in a prompt and decisive manner and orally respond in a professional and diplomatic manner during crisis and/or sympathetic situations.
• Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems. Make immediate decisions and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency situation.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination and event-related services.
• Demonstrate the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budgeting and other administrative duties.
• Handle conflict, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
• Know basic accounting.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Perform light lifting and carrying at times.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office software, and event software such as CAD and Adobe.
• Operate portable radio and standard office equipment including copier and fax machine.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines with special attention to detail.
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule, and produce accurate results.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Oklahoma.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Minimum Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
• Two (2) to three (3) years related experience in event coordination in a 5,000 seat or larger venue; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Customer service experience is required.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. All applications must be submitted online at www.bokcenter.com/jobs. All applications must include salary requirements.
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employee M/W/V/D
SMG World - 12 months ago