Schwabe North America, located in Green Bay, Wisconsin wants YOU to join our team. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-starter, experienced and talented Event Coordinator.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for coordination of events in support of marketing and sales functions within the organization. The incumbent is responsible for planning corporate tradeshows and events in a logistical support capacity. Duties include contracting venues, meals, display space and ordering show services. The job may include coordinating travel arrangements and recreational events. Department management is liaison prior to and during events to ensure that facilities, equipment, physical set-up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event.
PRIMARY DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, organize, and implement conferences, tradeshows and seminars involving education and product promotion in alignment with overall business goals.
- Assist in the selection of shows to participate, as well as how we present and execute (~50 events annually).
- Assist management with individual tradeshow strategies to increase ROI by initiating, analyzing and developing new opportunities to elevate our exposure in new and existing markets.
- Submit applications for MAB for plenary and/or sponsorship speaking opportunities for conferences.
- Coordinate all communications and learning opportunities created from conferences and seminars to Marketing and Sales team to initiate and develop new marketing/sales strategies.
- Assist in the planning and organization of Doctor Seminars (CE based) in regional markets.
- Assist in coordination and execution of educational initiatives for the practitioner market.
- Responsible for maintaining the list of nonprofit/low income donations sites ensuring appropriate status to receive donations as well coordinating donation delivery and reporting.
- Planning – Organize all event details including desired outcomes
- Attendee Coordination – communicate scheduling details and assign duties to sales reps
- Travel arrangements – book hotels and coordinate travel with Administrative Assistant
- Booth arrangements – contract booth space, plan booth layout, logistics, order show services and badges
- Material Coordination – determine product, samples, literature, etc., place orders and ship to show
- Communication – ensure all sales reps understand details; pre-show summaries and calls
- Lead generation/follow-up – gather, organize and distribute leads to sales reps
- Budget – plan, track and report tradeshow costs
- Process Improvement – continual review and revision of existing processes improving efficiency and/or effectiveness of tradeshow execution
- Calendar Management – monitor yearly tradeshow calendar; research and evaluate new show opportunities
- Inventory Management – catalog and monitor tradeshow booth materials and promo items; coordinate with Creative Team and external vendors
- Occasional travel may be required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication required.
- Must be a team player.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor‘s degree is required.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in planning conferences, tradeshows and/or other special events.
- Experience in healthcare and product marketing or in the field of health care is a plus.
- General marketing communications experience in a professional services environment is a plus.
Schwabe North America offers a competitive wage and benefits including:
- Innovative health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic Life and Optional Life Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability, Long Term Care insurance.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Educational assistance and on-going training
- Community involvement incentives
- Wellness initiatives
- Product Discounts for you and your family
Schwabe North America - 2 years ago