Coordinates the successful execution of events to provide the highest levels of enjoyment to groups of guests visiting the racetrack. Ensures that all event operations are handled efficiently to minimize costs and increase profit for NYRA.
- Coordinates the successful execution of events to provide the highest levels of enjoyment to groups of guests visiting the racetrack, which involves:
- Engaging in conversations with the key event personnel to discuss event details, such as the number of guests expected, food choices, decorative themes, audio and visual equipment needed, and other special requests;
- Coordinating all event activities and resources with facilities and food and beverage liaison personnel to ensure timely and accurate completion of all work required;
- Attending the event to supervise activities and to respond to any requests made by key event personnel; and,
- Welcoming guests to the race track and providing information on the services available, basic betting techniques, and other pertinent information.
- Ensures that all event operations are handled efficiently to minimize costs and increase profit for NYRA. Monitors and controls event budgets.
- Maintains and develops client relationships. Contacts accounts periodically to suggest, discuss, and secure commitments on future racetrack events.
- Performs other duties as instructed.
- Educational Level Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum Years and Kind of Work Experience Required: 3 years of event management experience preferably in the thoroughbred racing or sports entertainment industries. InDesign and Photoshop experience strongly desired.
- Other Requirements: Computer literacy, driver’s license, relocation to Saratoga in the summer months, professional appearance, and ability to work the racing schedule including weekends and holidays.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. - 12 months ago