Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most-played online PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Event Manager, you’ll concoct, construct and oversee player-centric events from coast to coast and around the world. As an events mastermind, you’ll be responsible for planning tournament activities and helping design trade show presentations and booths. You'll execute event plans with precision and skill, while finding creative solutions to defeat any scheduling challenges along the way. Whether you’re planning the next World Championship or Riot’s trade show presence, you’ll make the calls that drive energetic, community-focused events.
- Educated: you’ve conquered college and earned your BA or BS degree, or have comparable experience planning and executing events in the real world
- Experienced: you’ve planned live events, sports games, or gladiatorial matches for at least five years and have tasted both the sweet and sour nuances of executing events
- Prepared to execute: you’ve got the guts and the knowledge to make decisive calls that solve problems when stuff breaks, the power goes out, or plans have to be rewritten on the spot
- A creative gamer: you find inspiration in the player experience and you’re constantly coming up with engaging ideas for contests, video presentations, fan-participation activities, public presentations, and grass roots marketing tie-ins
- Collaborative: you’ve got team spirit to spare and quickly assimilate into any group to plan the next big event
- A deft communicator: you easily share detailed event logistics with others in any medium, be it email, face-to-face chats, or telepathy helmets
- A budget-conscience leader: you understand the abilities and needs of your team and can build amazing experiences with any amount of dough; experience budgeting events with Excel is a plus
- A jet-setter: you’re ready to travel to events all over the world and look forward to your next exciting adventure; you love working the strange hours that big events demand and can shift your schedule on short notice to cover them
- Design and execute events for thousands of players and fans, from cosplay contests and special appearances to massive competitive League of Legends matches
- Scout locations for new events, design and develop event spaces, and choose the types of swag that players will show off to the world
- Plan Riot events at trade shows and tournaments that put players at the forefront of the experience
- Create, track, and manage schedules to keep large groups of event staff organized