Position : Event Manager
Department : Event Services
Reports to : Director of Event Services
FLSA STATUS : Salaried-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for an Events Manager at the Albuquerque Convention Center. The Events Manager is responsible for ensuring that the operational needs of clients are met by mobilizing the necessary internal resources to properly set up, operate and close out events. Incumbent serves as primary contact for client and all internal departments and must be present during the execution of the event. Position requires flexible hours.
• Ensures successful event coordination activities.
• Meets with clients to plan and organize assigned meeting and/or events.
• Guides clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
• Keeps clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other related details.
• Prepares, reviews, and completes event estimates and final event settlements. Handles subsequent inquiries regarding event settlements.
• Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments.
• Assists in scheduling operational set-ups to provide equipment or service needs.
• Monitors and supervises facility set-up and Guest Services staff as necessary.
• Serves as primary liaison between clients and facility departments.
• Monitors in-house events, maintaining close contract with clients and facility staff to ensure successful events. Follow-up on all client requests, concerns and problems.
• Attends appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
• Serves as manager on duty as required.
• Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
• Works extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Promotes and fulfills SMG goals and brand promise.
• Participates in safety programs to achieve safety goals.
• Assists the department and organization with various projects and special assignments as needed.
• Performs other assigned duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) in hospitality, business or related field or equivalent experience from four-year College or University.
• 3 to 5 years of event planning experience and/or training.
• Working knowledge of the principles of event facility management, services and equipment.
• Ability to work both in a team and independently.
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and communication skills.
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
• Working knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with an automated event booking system is preferred.
• Ability to work both indoors and outdoors as required by event.
• Ability to work extended periods of time walking and/or standing.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Elaiza Valencia, Human Resources Designee
SMG managed Albuquerque Convention Center
401 2nd Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87144
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard