We are looking for an experienced event planner who will be responsible for managing events from inception through completion by initiating and overseeing event project plans and coordinating all event logistics that support event budgets and strategic objectives.
Main responsibilities include the following for all corporate events:
- Develop, manage, and reconcile plans and budget. This includes developing and managing detailed event budgets, working closely with Accounting to ensure accurate reconciliation of the budget and financial reports, recommend event budgets and adjustments, identify opportunities that lower net costs without compromising quality, overseeing the preparation and distribution of RFPs, and making vendor selections.
- Provide project leadership and oversee the logistics. This includes defining and supporting strategic objectives for all events, creating project plans, spearheading team meetings, obtaining status updates on delegated tasks, and preparing post-event analysis and summary for all completed events. Logistics planning include the coordination of all event details, directing others, and providing on-site problem resolution.
- Investigate areas of opportunity for new and existing events that support regional and corporate objectives.
At a minimum, each candidate should possess the following skills, experience and background:
- BS/BA degree in a related field
- CMP/CSEP certified is a plus
- A minimum of three years experience as a corporate events planner, planning a variety of events (from small to large scale events).
- A minimum of two years experience in managing a budget of no less than $500,000.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of event planning and management, including facilities, F&B, hotel, A/V, room logistics, etc.
- Working knowledge of event management tools such as show flows, contracts, and registration systems.
- Ability to identify strong vendors and relevant supplies to support events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer service skills and ability to practively address client's needs.
- Proven effectiveness in contract negotiations and working with legal counsel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Project.
- Must effectively be able to interface with all levels of personnel, including senior management.
- Must be able to work with strict deadlines and thrive in a multi-task environment.
- The ability to work a flexible work schedule and travel will be required.
CU Direct Corporation - 2 years ago