The first responsibility of an Event Planner is to help build the Giant Eagle Event Planning business while
utilizing food and products available within the store that meet the clients needs. An Event Planner will
proactively sell services to prospective clients, and drive the revenue and business of various departments within the store
by using interdepartmental products to service clients. Event Planners will help clients plan menus, events, while working
closely with the central kitchen and prepared foods department for ordering of the perishable products. Event Planners will
help the department create a clientele database for return business.
- Work with customers to help plan events while effectively responding and handling customer's problems and suggestions.
- Generate new business through such means as cold calling and networking.
- Interact with customers to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels to maintain repeat business.
- Develop strong working relationships with all department managers.
- Regularly walk store to identify new items in every department that can be used to complete a customer's event.
- Ensure proper food safety and sanitation requirements are followed.
- Provide excellent customer service by providing training to all employees.
- Integrate current trends in event planning management and event design.
- Follow the "Get to Yes" steps for event planning
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Extreme Outdoor temperatures
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Hearing (auditory)
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Sight or Peripheral Vision
- Telephone Usage
- Communication (verbal)
- Fax Machine
- Cleaning cart
- Helium Tanks
- Safety Cutter
- Trash compactor
Giant Eagle - 16 months ago
- 11 days ago
EVENT SPECIALIST - Amherst, OH
Husqvarna Motorcycles North America
- 4 days ago
- 17 days ago
Giant Eagle Inc., is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately $9.3 billion in annual sales, which...