The first responsibility of an Event Planner is to help build the Market District Event Planning business while utilizing food and products available within the Market District store that meet the clients needs. An Event Planner will proactively sell services to prospective clients, and drive the revenue and business of various departments within the store by using interdepartmental products to service clients. Event Planners will help clients plan menus, events, while working closely with the central kitchen and prepared foods department for ordering of the perishable products. Event Planners will help the department create a clientele database for return business.
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand, and communicate the Market District Passion for Food philosophy, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for the Market District banner. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Promote sales and excitement to all clients that exemplifies a Passion for Food.
- Sell products and services from in store departments while fulfilling clients event needs.
- Continually try to generate new business through networking, and communication.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis to obtain feedback on product quality and create new sales.
- Answer customers questions or problems effectively.
Ensure proper food safety and sanitation requirements are followed at all times.
Converse with customers and initiate suggestive selling.
Help clients plan events.
Promote positive customer relations.
Display a Passion for Food and Event Planning at all times.
Maintain safe work environment.
Record , confirm, accurately fill orders for clients.
- Make delivery to clients in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the customers order.
- Answer all telephone calls addressing all customer questions in a helpful courteous manner.
- Requisition food orders from the proper department in the Market District store.
Additional responsibilities as directed by management.
- Follow the "Get to Yes" steps for event planning
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in food service/restaurant management
- Knowledge or background of Giant Eagle Market District
- Event Planning Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Extreme Outdoor temperatures
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Data Entry
- Hearing (auditory)
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Operating Equipment
- Repetitive Motion
- Sight or Peripheral Vision
- Telephone Usage
- Communication (verbal)
- Adding Machine
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Plastic Baler
- Portal POS
- Scale Labeler
- Trash compactor
Licenses / Certifications Required
Valid Driver's License -
Giant Eagle - 19 months ago
Giant Eagle Inc., is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately $9.3 billion in annual sales, which...