The Event Planner is responsible for the design and execution of world-class, customer-centric events that define and deliver a uniquely Heritage experience while serving to amplify Heritage's Vision and Mission. The Event Planner is supervised by the Special Events Manager.
- Research site locations, draft RFPs, and negotiate venue and vendor contracts in a manner that is consistent with the best trade practices, facilitate the best opportunity for the event’s success, and aim to protect Heritage interests.
- Conduct site visits, as needed, to ensure venues continually uphold Heritage’s standard of excellence and meet the specific programmatic needs of the event.
- Develop and edit event marketing materials, including invitations, programs, agendas, and online presence that capture and communicate The Heritage Foundation's mission.
- Execute event planning responsibilities seamlessly, including program and logistics, coordination of high-profile speakers, venue coordination, audio visual production, security protocols, and vendor logistics.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with many teams at The Heritage Foundation on multiple projects; align all event planning activities with the stated mission and objectives of the particular event.
- Exercise budget discipline by making cost-effective event decisions and carefully monitoring expenses throughout the planning process to adhere to the established budgets; determine new and innovative ways to reduce costs associated with events.
- Direct all aspects of on-site event production to ensure the Heritage standard is upheld.
- Evaluate an event’s success, helping stakeholders to use their resources more effectively and set future strategy by conducting after action reviews, compiling post event reports, and survey results.
- Experience in hiring, training, and supervising volunteers and support staff required for the event.
- Job Type: FullTime
3-5 years of experience in event management.
- Understand and support The Heritage Foundation’s mission and objectives.
- Understand and support the Events Team’s mission and objectives.
- Strong customer service skills; must possess a “can do” and team oriented attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone; high-level of professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to stay motivated, organized and productive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to take direction, extrapolate plans and create results under pressure through critical thinking and exercising sound judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals.
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Availability to travel and work nights and weekends when necessary.
The Heritage Foundation - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -