POSITION: Events Manager
DEPARTMENT: Events Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Events Services
FLSA STATUS: Salaried – Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Custodial and Event Set-up Manager at the Jekyll Island Convention Center on Jekyll Island, Georgia. The Custodial and Event Set-up Manager, is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of workers engaged in the housekeeping and set-up of the facility as required by events and general building maintenance.
• Manage the day-to-day custodial operations with special emphasis on post-event cleaning of the Jekyll Island Convention Center (JICC) meeting rooms and pre-function areas.
• Hire, train, supervise and schedule custodial and event set up staff. Complete performance appraisals annually and work with Human Resources if disciplinary actions are needed
• Prepare and operate within the annual custodial/operations department budget.
• Develop and implement policies & procedures for custodial and event set up crews (i.e., SOP's, daily "to do" lists, etc.).
• Order necessary supplies and equipment, with approval.
• Maintain inventories on custodial equipment, tools and supplies.
• Develop and operate a routine preventative cleaning/maintenance program for the interior and exterior of the JICC.
• Fully understand JICC layout to maximize usage (i.e., storage, cleaning methods, etc.).
• Work closely with the event management team to ensure rooms are properly set and clients’ needs and expectations are met. Strike rooms in appropriate time frame and ensure equipment stays in good working order
• Develop and submit lists of necessary repairs and improvements.
• Assist as needed in all areas of operations.
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• Demonstrated knowledge of cleaning and custodial methods and techniques including the use of chemicals and equipment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic tools, purchasing practices.
• Supervisory principles with an emphasis in working with training and scheduling a part-time staff.
• Previous custodial experience in a similar facility preferred.
• Ability to supervise the Custodial and Event Set Up staff.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to handle pressure and to meet deadlines
• Professional appearance in dress and deportment
• Must like people and have a strong work ethic
• Strong customer service abilities and solid computer skills
• Must be able to stay on their feet for long periods of time
• Must be able to handle periodic episodes of physical exertion, light lifting and bending
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for
consideration and may be sent to:
SMG/Jekyll Island Convention Center
75 North Beachview Drive
Jekyll Island, GA 31527
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employee